You can build the best eCommerce website in the world but all your efforts will be for nothing if no-one ever comes to visit. Here are 9 tips which should help your e-commerce website improve its SEO performance:
1. Optimize only the 'content pages' not the administrative pages like contact us and about us.
2. Always add content to accompany your images.
3. Focus. Concentrate on one keyword or phrase per content page.
4. Remember your SEO basics - use unique page title and meta descriptions for each product page.
5. Create search engine friendly headings (H1s).
6. Keep an eye on keyword density in the body text. Keyword stuffing is never a good idea but you should always make sure keywords are well represented on the page.
7. Whenever possible use keywords in URLs
8. Use alt tags for all your product images
9. Create a good dynamic html sitemap
10.Update your product pages frequently in order to increase the crawl rate.